Okay, this is the posting I pulled because I didn’t want to get in trouble.
For any Symbian people reading this:
- If you’re a manager, it’s probably your fault. Notable exceptions: Deepak and David.
- If you’re in marketing, kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now. Not only are you a marketeer (good enough reason, as Bill Hicks would have it) but what’s worse, you seem to be unable to convey any sort of impression as to the very existence of the company.
- If you’re an engineer in the Base team: go and talk to the other people in your team. They’re on your side. Please, foster communication.
- If you’re an engineer in any other team: go and talk to the base team. They really are great guys. (And even a couple of girls.)
- If you’re in System Test: please explain to me what the point of your department is. Who reads your reports? What do you do that is not duplicated elsewhere?
- If you’re a coder: please read the forthcoming Symbian Press book. The Base team is not always good at sharing information, so grab this with both hands.
- One of you will be very interested to read Google’s CV submission instructions.
- What happened to company culture? When did we all stop caring? Did it coincide with any major change of process?
There was more, but it’d probably get me sued.